Banjo Sheet Music|
Banjos For Sale
Buying Tips For The Banjo
- Make sure its in decent shape
- Don't be rushed into buying any instrument until you can inspect it closely.
- If you hear a buzzing sound thats no good
- Dont buy if Neck is Bowed
- History of the Banjo
- The Banjo was brought to America by African slaves.
It was used mainly by them until the banjo became more popular in the mid nineteenth
century. Early minstrel shows usually had a banjo player with a
fiddle, tambourine and guitar. The style of banjo playing that was often
used was called stroke style.
- Later on, a new style of banjo playing known as guitar
style became popular because guitarists began learning the banjo.
Slowly but surely, the banjo was less commonly referred to an instrument of
slaves and began to become common among the middle and upper-class.
- Samuel Swain Stewart was an instrument maker in
Philadelphia. He made some of the best banjos and published articles
favorable to the banjo. The name of his magazine was Stewart's
Banjo and Guitar Journal.
- The popularity of finger-style banjo lasted for many years
but it eventually faded. Around the time of the first World War, jazz took
Banjos and Banjo Sheet Music
Chords And Tablature
[ Banjo Sheet Music ] [ Banjos For Sale ] [ Banjo Lessons ]